Infertility is the inability to achieve and/or maintain pregnancy after a couple has had one year of unprotected, well-timed intercourse, or if the woman has been unable to carry a pregnancy to term that results in a live birth, if the female is under the age of 34 and it is 6 months if the female is over the age of 35.
– Couple who have never been able to conceive.
– Couple who are unable to conceive after already having conceived in past.
Problems of the Male:
- Defective spermatogenesis (Sperm count Problems)
- Obstruction in the efferent duct (Varicocele etc)
- Sperm motility
- Failure in depositing the sperm
Problems of the Female:
- Vaginal atresia
- Narrow introitus
- Transverse vaginal septum
- Vaginal stenosis
2. Cervical factors:
- Elongation of cervical canal
- Obstruction of cervical canal
- Uterine prolapse
- Thick cervical mucus
- Chronic cervicitis
- Presence of antisperm antibody in cervical mucus
3. Uterine factors:
- Congenital malformations of uterus
- Uterine fibroid
- Uterine tuberculosis
4. Tubal factors:
- Tubal occlusion (Blocks)
- Tubal adhesions
- Loss of Celia
- Congenital tubal defects
5. Ovarian factors:
- Anovulatory cycles
- Ovarian tumors
6. Endocrinal factors (Hormone problems):
- Thyroid disturbances
- Corpus luteum insufficiency
World wide it is estimated that one in seven couples have problems in conceiving, with incidence similar in most countries independent of the level of the country’s development.
Investigations required :
- Local examination of genitals
- Semen analysis
- Serum hormone levels
- Testicular biopsy
- Chromosomal test
- Immunological test
- History (family & personal).
- General examination.
Basic investigations are as follows
Hormone Estimation :
- To study endocrine dysfunction and endocrine causes of infertility.
- Pelvic Ultra Sonogram (USG):To assess ovaries and uterus for anomalies.
- Ovarian follicular study : To confirm ovulation or any problems related to ovulation.
- Hysterosalpingography : To check the patency of fallopian tubes and uterine cavity.
- Endometrial biopsy : To confirm normal ovulation and uterine function.
- Vaginal Swab & Culture : To rule out and treat any infection.
- Sonohystogram : An advanced technique of usual ultrasound where water or sterile saline is used to inflate the uterus to give a clearer view.
- Laparoscopy : This is a surgical procedure that is done under anesthesia but on an outpatient basis for a better view of ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. It is useful in correcting minor surgical problems like scar tissue, blockages, abnormalities and endometriosis etc.
We at Homeocare International study each infertility couple in detail clinically and homeopathically and prescribe advanced constitutional medicines according to their individual genetic constitution.
Constitutional approach is an advanced method of homeopathic treatment for most of the so called incurable cases like infertility, hormone problems like thyroid problems, diabetes etc And arthritis, auto immune disorders; in brief-“Homeopathic approach is holistic as well as individualistic; holistic in the sense that the medicine is selected for the patients as a whole, but not for individual diseased organs/parts; individualistic from the view point that each individual patient is considered different from others, although all are suffering from the same disease.”