A migraine is a type of neurological disorder wherein individuals experience piercing pain in the head. When you face severe episodic pain in your head do not mistake it to be a severe headache, as it may be due to migraine. Migraine is a complex neurological condition raised due to changes within the brain. Under this condition, along with throbbing headache, people also experience other symptoms like weakness, nausea and vomiting. Individuals also become extremely sensitive to light, sound and strong odours. It is believed to be genetic and factors like allergies, constipation, dehydration, hormonal imbalance, stress and tension can trigger migraine attack which can last from hours to days based on the severity of the attack. People between age groups 15 to 50 are more likely to get affected with migraine and when compared to men women are at an increased risk of migraine.
Migraine based on the warning signs is classified into two types namely
- Migraine with aura (where people experiences few warning signs before the actual onset of headache like confusion, flashlights, blind spots, stiffness in the body especially neck and so on)
- Migraine without aura (In this no warning signs are seen before the actual migraine attack)
Causes of Migraine
The most definite cause of migraine is not clear, it is actually believed to be genetic and caused due to changes in the neurotransmitter levels within the brain. Here are few triggers of migraine which causes migraine attack.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excess stress and tension
- Certain foods
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Intense exercises
- Changes in weather
- Exposure to loud noises, bright light and strong odours.
Symptoms of Migraine?
There are 4 phases in migraine namely prodrome, aura, attack phase and postdrome and each phase has different symptoms.
1. Prodrome Phase- This is the time before the onset of migraine attack and people experience signs like
- Mood swings
- Food craving
- Stiffness in the neck
- Feeling thirsty
- Becomes highly sensitive to light, sound and strong odours
2. Aura- This is the time just minutes before the onset of attack and symptoms include
- Faces difficulty speaking
- Tingling sensation in hands and legs
- Vision problems
3. Attack Phase- This is the attack phase and people endure symptoms like
- Excruciating throbbing and piercing pain on one side or both the sides of the head
- Temporary vision loss
4. Postdrome Phase- This is the last stage of migraine attack and people gets exhausted completely, symptoms include
Homeopathy treatment for Migraine
Homeopathy treatment for Migraine is highly suggestible, it works by correcting the roots of the problems and also aims to offer long-term recovery from migraine. It basically uses natural remedies which are safe and free from adverse effects. Homeocare International uses constitutional homeopathy treatment for Migraine. These constitutional remedies in beginning stages of treatment work effectively in controlling the symptoms and frequency of migraine attacks. In the second stage completely eliminates migraine and helps to lead happy and pain free life.